The next delivery of LWF CSA extras will be on Tuesday, October 26th, at the Yorkville CSA location. If you’re planning on getting anything, you must place your order by Wednesday, October 19th.
Information below about ordering turkeys, to be delivered Tuesday, November 22nd–orders due by Monday, November 7th–as well as other product updates.
Thanksgiving Turkey Announcement – now available for ordering!
Well, it is that time of year again! Thanksgiving approaches and it is now time to begin planning for the big meal. Lewis Waite Farm makes three trips to the city for Thanksgiving: Thursday 11/17, Saturday 11/19, and Tuesday 11/22, in order to make it to every CSA and buying group we work with. You can contact your coordinator, or check our website at http://www.csalewiswaitefarm.com/csa-information.aspx to see which date your group is getting Turkeys. This year, we plan to offer Stonewood Farms All Natural Turkeys for $4.04/lb (read the below Farm Feature for information on Stonewood Farm).
We have special procedure for ordering Thanksgiving Turkeys. Since Stonewood Farm needs our order by Nov 8th, we need our orders from you by Nov. 7th(Monday). We also offer our full array of other products to round out your Thanksgiving meal, with a later deadline, so we have to separate the Turkey orders from the other products ordered. When you sign in, there will be a special link “Place my Thanksgiving Turkey Order,” which will take you to the dropdown bar which will only have Thanksgiving Turkey as a product. That will take you to all the Turkeys we have available for ordering. Any other items you’d like with your Turkey MUST BE ORDERED SEPARATELY, under the delivery date closest to Thanksgiving for your pickup site (11/17, 11/19, or 11/22).
If you have any questions, problems, or concerns, please call the office, and Nancy, Caroline, and Joanna are happy to answer questions or take your order by phone: 518-692-3120.
This list below helps you figure out what sizes we offer, and estimate the end cost of the birds.
- Whole Turkey—will be between 12 – 13.9 lbs. each.
- These will be about $49 to $56 based on $4.04/lb. price.
- Whole Turkey— will be between 14 – 15.9 lbs. each
- These will be about $56 to $64 based on $4.04/lb. price.
- Whole Turkey—will bebetween y 16 – 17.9 lbs. each.
- These will be about $64 to $72 based on $4.04/lb. price.
- Whole Turkey—will be between 18 – 19.9 lbs. each.
- These will be about $72 to $80 based on $4.04/lb. price.
- Whole Turkey—will be between 20 – 21.9 lbs. each
- These will be about $80 to $89 based on $4.04/lb. price.
- Whole Turkey—will be between 22 – 23.9 lbs. each
- These will be about $89 to $97 based on $4.04/lb. price.
- Whole Turkey—will be between 24 – 25.9 lbs. each
- These will be about $97 to $105 based on $4.04/lb. price.
- Whole Turkey—will be between 26 – 27.9 lbs. each
- These will be about $105 to $113 based on $4.04/lb. price.
- Whole Turkey—will be between 28 – 29.9 lbs. each
- These will be about $113 to $121 based on $4.04/lb. price.
- Whole Turkey—will be between 30 – 45 lbs. each
- These will be about $121 to $182 based on $4.04/lb. price.
Argyllshire Farm: is adding boneless leg of lamb to the offerings, and should be posting new inventory later this week. If you want something reserved for you, please let the Lewis Waite office know.
Farmer Ground Flour: is sadly discontinuing their baking mixes. They have found that they were too time consuming to be cost effective, so whatever we have in stock is all there will be. These are on sale for $4.00 each until gone.
Porter Ridge Farm: has made some organic chicken parts available this week.
Stonewood Farm: has ground turkey again!
West River Creamery: is adding a marinated goat cheese to the offerings! Ingredients are: Pasteurized goat milk, cultures, salt, herbs, garlic, black pepper, grapeseed oil. We shared a sample for lunch the other day and it is great! We are also expecting more Pork, Garlic, and Parmesan sausage.