If you plan on ordering any turkeys or CSA extras for pick-up next Tuesday, November 22nd, orders must be placed by tonight. Items will be delivered to the Yorkville CSA location.
News about the Turkeys!
The Turkeys are here! This year, once again, Stonewood DID NOT HAVE ENOUGH turkeys in the SMALLER SIZES that we ordered for you. I am sorry but we had to give some of you birds a bit larger than you asked for. We had to give about an extra pound to all the people who ordered under 16 pounds. For everyone who wrote us notes about special sizes, we did our best to give you what you asked for.
The extra birds we have left now for any late plans are between 16.75 and 17.9 pounds. We have made these available on our website, under Turkeys, All Natural -SWF.
We have assigned all the birds so , so you can reply to this email with inquiries. There may also be some smaller Uncle Broc’s pastured turkeys, but we are not sure about the total number or weights, so orders will be honored in the sequence received.
Thanksgiving Meal Ideas:
- Keep the hungry hoards happy while the Turkey cooks with a cheese platter built from our great selection of local cheeses. Why go to Murray’s when you can get Kunik from us, delivered with your turkey? We also have a wide selection of soft and hard cheeses from goat, sheep and raw cow’s milk. Please let us know if you have questions, or want sampler ideas!
- Kick your stuffing up a notch with 8-grain 3-seed bread crumbs – order a loaf and let it get a little stale. Under Bread, Hearth baked.
- Add a flavorful chutney to your cheese spread or stuffing for a complex flavor. Under Jams and Chutneys.
- Add a bottle of Putney Bubbly Sparkling Cider – pure sparkling cider with no additives. In a wine bottle, to dress up the kids’ table! Under Juice, Sparkling!
- Make a lamb meatball appetizer, or toss some into lasagna for an Italian Thanksgiving! Barbara at Argyllshire is offering her lamb sausage on sale for the holiday – get them while they last! Under Lamb – Grass Fed and Finished -AF
- Put out a bowl of Battenkill Crumble, a tasty snack that is sure to satisfy without filling you up! Under Energy Bars.
- Cut up a delicious smoked Kielbasa for crackers and cheese. We have both beef and pork.
- Make devilled eggs with a dozen Farm Fresh Eggs!
- Put out a tube of liverwurst with your cheeses! Available under Beef, Grass Fed and Finished – LWF. You can request only one tube in the special instructions.