- Summer Squash-3 pieces
- Sugar Snap Peas-1 pound
- Bright Lights Swiss Chard-1 bunch
- Summer Spinach-1 bunch
- Escarole-1 head. Don’t confuse this with the lettuces. The escarole leaves are all attached firmly at the base and the head is flatter and leaves heavier. Great sauteed with garlic scapes and white beans.
- Lettuce-2 heads. It is that time of year when we are going through the lettuce patch and picking the rows clean. It will be a mix and match week, take 2 heads. [red leaf lettuce and green solix]
- Red Vein Sorrel-1 bunch This tends to be a bit bitter with a lemon flavor. Use sparingly to add a lemon flavor to soups or with chicken.
- Garlic Scapes-8 I think this will be the last week for garlic scapes. They keep for a really long time in your refrigerator so don’t feel that there is a hurry to use them all up. The fresh garlic bulbs won’t be ready until September.